- research proposal with an interdisciplinary focus, involvement of at least 2 different faculties
- Innovative research
- fit with one of the research programs in ABC
- post docs are preferred, but a case can be made for a PhD student proposal (the maximum funding will be the same, however, €250k)
- if the to be appointed post doc is already known, their cv should be added
- * In case of clinical research with patients, a request can be made to extend the funding to a longer period. This should be included in the budget estimation.
The proposal should be submitted by a full ABC member, with an at least 0.5 FTE appointment at UvA or AMC (not the to be appointed post doc), and include information about the content and innovativeness of the project, possible collaborations within the ABC and in which faculty the postdoc will be appointed. The grant consists of a lump sum of €250k. The faculty where the postdoc will be appointed should match any exceeding of this budget.
- Proposals will only be considered if there is no ongoing ABC Project or Talent funding in the name of the main applicant at the time of submission. Thus, if the main applicant for a Project Grant 2020 is 2nd or 3rd partner on an ongoing ABC funded grant, she or he is eligible to apply.
- There may be no ongoing ABC funding for the main applicant at the time of submission. This condition does not apply to the 2nd or 3rd applicant.
- Applicants can only participate in one proposal.
Aim: funding new interdisciplinary research projects
Female PI’s are especially encouraged to apply.
Deadline - ABC Project Grant 2020: 31 January 2020 (24:00)